TSPSC Groups Syllabus: In this post we have provided you with TSPSC Group I, Group II, Group III, Group IV, Gazetted, Non-Gazetted Syllabus. Please go through these details and plan the preparation for TSPSC Groups Examinations. You can download complete syllabus of TSPSC Group I, II, III, IV, Gazetted, Non-Gazetted.
GROUP-I SERVICES – SYLLABUS
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
- Current Affairs Regional, National & International.
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science; Indias Achievements in Science and Technology.
- Environmental Issues: Disaster Mana-gement- Prevention & Mitigation Strategies.
- Economic and Social Development of India.
- World Geography, Indian Geography and Geography of Telangana state.
- History and Cultural Heritage of India.
- Indian Constitution and Polity.
- Governance and Public Policy in India.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
Social Exclusion: Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies.
- Logical Reasoning: Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
Written Examination (Main)
General English (Qualifying Test)
(X CLASS STANDARD, QUALIFYING FOR INTERVIEW)
1 Spotting Errors Spelling; Punctuation
2 Fill in the blanks Prepositions; Conjunctions; Verb tenses
3 Re-writing sentences Active and Passive voice; Direct & Reported Speech; Usage of Vocabulary
4 Jumbled sentences, 5 Comprehension
6 Prcis Writing,
8 Letter Writing
PAPER-I: GENERAL ESSAY
(Candidate should write three Essays, selecting one from each Section compulsorily. Each Section contains three Questions. Each Essay carries 50 marks.)
1. Contemporary Social Issues and Social Problems.
2. Issues of Economic Growth and Justice.
1. Dynamics of Indian Politics.
2. Historical and Cultural Heritage of India.
1. Developments in Science and Technology.
2. Education and Human Resource Development
HISTORY, CULTURE AND GEOGRAPHY
I. History and Culture of India, with special reference to Modern Period (1757 to 1947 A.D.)
1. Early Indian Civilizations-Indus and Vedic; Emergence of Religious Movements in the sixth century BC – Jainism and Buddhism; Indo- Greek Art and Architecture Gandhara, Mathura and Amaravathi Schools; Social and Cultural condition under the Mauryan, Satavahanas and Guptas .
- Advent of Islam and its impact on Indian Society Nature and significance of Bhakti and Sufi Movements; Contribution of Kakatiya, and Vijayanagara rulers to Language, Literature, Art and Architecture: the contribution of Delhi Sultans and Mughals to Language , Literature, Art, Architecture and Fine Arts, Monuments; Emergence of Composite Culture in the Deccan and India.
The Establishment of British Colonial Rule in India: Carnatic Wars , Battle of Plassey, Anglo- Mysore, Anglo-Maratha and Anglo-Sikh Wars; Economic Impact of British Colonial Rule: Land Revenue Settlements in British India; Comme-rcialization of Agriculture; Rise of Landless Agrarian Labour; Famines and Poverty; De-industrialization; Decline of Traditional Crafts; Drain of Wealth; Growth of Trade and Commerce- Eco-nomic Transformation of India; Railroads, Transport and Communication Network- Telegraph and Postal Services.
Anti British uprisings: Tribal and Peasant revolts in the Nineteenth Century-Causes and Consequences of 1857 revolt. Factors responsible for the rise of Indian Nationalism; Rise and Growth of Socio- Religious and Anti-Caste Movements: Brahma Samaj, Arya Samaj, Aligarh Movement, Satya Shodak Samaj, Jotiba and Savithribhai Phule, Pandita Ramabai, Narayana Guru, Ayyankali, Annie Beasant; Non- Brahmin, Justice and Self-Respect Movements: Periyar, Mahatma Gandhi, Ambedkar and others.
Three Phases of Indian Freedom Struggle, 1885-1947. The rise and growth of All India Kisan Sabha, Workers and Tribal movements; Issue of Gender and Womens movement; Growth of Socialist and Communist Movements; Growth of Communalism; Independence and Partition of India.
II. History and Cultural Heritage of Telangana.
1. History and culture of Ancient Telangana Satavahanas, Ikshvakus and Vishnukundins; Rise and growth of Jainism and Buddhism; Socio-Cultural – Conditions- Language, Literature, Art and Architecture.
- Medeival Telangana and the emergence of composite culture – Kakatiyas and Velama kingdoms and their contribution to Socio- Cultural Development, Literature, Music, Dance, Art and Architecture; Qutub Shahis and their contribution to Telugu literature, art and architecture. Protest Movements against Kakatiyas and Qutub Shahis- Sammakka Sarakka and Sarvaipapanna
The Establishment of Asaf Jahi Dynasty Salar Jung Reforms and Modernization of Telangana ; Socio- Economic development under the Nizams Land Tenures and Social System, Jagirdars, Deshmukhs etc.and Vetti British Paramountcy and Nizam- Revolt of 1857 in Hyderabad and the role of Turre Baz Khan; Socio- Economic Development during the rule of the sixth and seventh Nizams – Growth of Railways, Transport and Communication System, Establishment of Industries, Educational Institutions Monuments of Asaf Jahi period.
Socio-Cultural Awaking in Telangana- Andhra Sarasvath Parishat Literary and Library Movements; Establishment of Nizam Rashtra Andhra Jana Sangham Andhra Mahasabha Social Reform Movements -Brahma Samaj, Arya Samaj and Adi- Hindu and Dalit Movements, Role of Bhagyareddy Varma- Andhra Mahila Sabha and the growth of Womens Movement. Role of Hyderabad State Cogress and Vandemataram Movement.
. Peoples Movement against the Nizams Rule Adivasi revolts Ramji Gond and Kumaram Bheemu-
Telangana Peasants Armed Struggle Role of Andhra Mahasabha and the Communists Majlis-Ittehadul- Muslimeen Party, Rajakars and Kasim Razvi Police Action and the End of Nizams Rule Integration of Hyderabad State into Indian Union.
III. Geography of India and Telangana.
1. India Physical setting, Physiography, Drainage, Climate- Mechanism of Monsoon, effect of El- Nino and La Nio, Rainfall variability- Floods and Drought, Soils, Vegetation and Wildlife- Degradation and Conservation Measures. Major Minerals and Energy Resources- distribution and cons-ervation, Energy Crisis role of noncon- ventional energy resources. Marine Resources Economic significance, EEZ. Water resources availability, problems of inter state Water sharing, Conservation Measures.
- Agriculture and Irrigation Major Food and Non-Food crops, Agro Climatic Regions, Green Revolution, recent trends in Agriculture; Major Irrigation Projects and Command Area Development; Industries- Major Industries – Iron and Steel, Cotton Textiles, Cement, Sugar, Automobile, IT, & Food Processing Industries, Localisation Factors, Industrial Corridors & Economic Development; Transportation: Means of Transportation, Role of Road and Rail Network in Economic Development, Highways and Express Highways; Major Ports changing trends and direction of Indias Trade – role of WTO; Strategic location of India in the Indian Ocean; Population distribution, growth, Demographic characteristics, Demographic dividend and transition, HDI, Population problems and Policies. Urbanisation process- Spatial pattern, growth of Megacities, problems of Urban Growth and Policies, concept of Smart Cities.
Geographical extent of Hyderabad State and present Telangana State Physical setting, Relief, Climate, Rivers, Soils, Forest cover and Wild lifedistribution, depletion and conservation. Minerals and Energy resources – Coal, Iron and Limestone distribution. Thermal and Hydro Power Projects Problems and Prospects.
Agriculture- Rainfed/Dry land Agriculture, Drought prone areas and Mitigation Measures. Sources of Irrigation: Canals, Tanks and Wells, Depletion of Ground Water and its conservation- Mission Kakatiya. Industries Cement, Sugar, Pharma, Elect-ronic, Tourism, IT, ITIR, SEZs. Handicrafts and Household Industries and their problems. Road and Rail Network distribution and role in Economic Development. Population – distribution, growth, density, demographic characteristics (sex ratio, age, literacy, etc.,) Tribal Population – distribution, problems of Tribal areas and policies for Tribal Area Development.
Urbanisation in Telangana State, Spatio-temporal changes, Urban Growth and Migration. Evolution and phases of Urban Growth of Hyderabad, transformation from historical to modern cosmopolitan Mega-polis, Primacy of Hyderabad in Telangana State, City structure, Industries and Industrial estates, urban infrastructure and transport – ORR and Metro – Problems and Planning – role of GHMC and HUDA (Metropolitan Develop-ment Plan 2031, HMDA), Hyderabad as a Tourist Centre and Global city.
Scheme of Examination
GENERAL STUDIES AND GENERAL ABILITIES
1. Current affairs – Regional, National and International.
2. International Relations and Events.
3. General Science; Indias Achievements in Science and Technology.
4. Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
- Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography and Demography of Telangana.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
Policies of Telangana State.
Logical Reasoning; Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English. (10th Class Standard)
PAPER-II: CONCERNED SUBJECT
(Detailed syllabus will be displayed at the time of Notification)